Tiger Woods: Is Elin Preparing for Single Mommyhood?
Maybe. Maybe not.
According to Bossip.com, it sounds like that’s exactly what she’s doing, though:
(1) Elin just negotiated a hefty 7-figure payment ($5 million) to stay with her once-squeeky clean husband, Tiger–and $55 million, if she stays for two more years. The money will be deposited in an account that is solely controlled by her.
Should Elin decide to divorce Tiger, some people are speculating that she could get half of his billion-dollar fortune.
(2) Elin demanded–and is getting– a total rewrite of the of their prenuptial agreement, which required her to stay married to Tiger at least 10 years, before any monies could be paid.
The new agreement, however, requires Elin to stay married to Tiger for a shorter time (now down to 7 years or two more years) and with a substantial increase to the settlement, should they divorce ($75 million in staggered payments).
(3) The couple is also reportedly started twice-a-day, in-home marriage counseling.
Interestingly, the couple, who has been married since married since October 5, 2004, just celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary, so under the old agreement, she would have only had to stay married to Tiger for five more years to get a whopping $20 million.
Whether Elin is preparing for life as a single mother by securing her financial future still remains to be seen.
But one thing is for sure, she is no punk.
First, there’s speculation that she beat the mess out of him with his own golf clubs (while I don’t condone violence on any levels, it will be interesting to see how the facts play out). The day of the crash–and the day that she found out Tiger was cheating on her–she called one of Tiger’s mistresses, Jaime Grubss, from a blocked number.
When Grubbs asked who it was, Elin stated:
‘You know who this is because you’re F*****G my husband’,
according to influential U.S. website TMZ.
I’m sure Tiger is regretting stepping out on Elin, because no woman (jump off, chick on the side, mistress or whatever you want to call her and the growing list of others) is worth losing your marriage and family–and losing half your billion-dollar fortune–when all this could have been avoided by being faithful.
But, according to Tiger (allegedly), he started stepping out on Elin, because she stopped giving up the goods.
So my question to you:
(1) If a woman stops having sex with her husband, does he have right to go outside the marriage?
(2) Does that little fact make Tiger’s actions understandable?
(3) Do you think Elin should be charged with domestic battery? After all, if she weren’t Mrs. Woods, she’d probably be in jail, right?